Fanart by WANCO.
I don’t think I’d ever seen a picture of all the Pleiades AND the upgrade costumes. Love it!
REMINDER THAT LAIKA’S FIRST FILM SOLELY PRODUCED BY THEIR STUDIO HAD TWO FEMALE CHARACTERS AS THEIR ANTAGONIST AND PROTAGONIST WHO, BY SOME FORM OF DEVIL MAGIC, HAVE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FACES
REMINDER THAT LAIKA’S SECOND FILM NOT ONLY CONSISTED OF A CAST WITH FOUR CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTERS BUT INCLUDED AN ENTIRE TOWN OF DIVERSE CITIZENS OF VARYING RACE, GENDER, AND AGE. LIKE A NORMAL TOWN HAS.
REMINDER THAT LAIKA’S THIRD FILM FEATURED SAME SEX COUPLES IN THEIR TEASER TRAILER
REMINDER THAT THIS IS ALL STOP-MOTION SO EVERY CHARACTER WAS DESIGNED, MODELED, SCULPTED, RIGGED, AND EVEN HAD TINY CLOTHES SEWED FOR THEM.
also reminder that they make chump change compared to disney who whines and cries that in all their years of experience they can’t handle the prospect of animating a girl with a face different than the rest and that it’s “too hard” because only females can express such a wide range of emotions that it makes them difficult to animate
if a studio with 20-30 of experience can manage this then SURELY an established studio with NEAR 100 YEARS of experience can maybe, just maybe, include a female that ISN’T a part of their formula
To those who say CGI is harder than just drawing and said shut up to those who drew the two sisters in Frozen differently, I give you Claymation which takes a lot more work and time.
Yesterday, July 13, Jane Doe was unexpectedly transferred to CT Juvenile Training School, a locked facility for boys. The transfer was done in secret, without informing her lawyers. DCF is claiming that she is currently being held there in solitary confinement. This means that at best, our sister is in solitary AGAIN, this time in a facility for delinquent males who have been charged with crimes. At worst, she is in general population with those same males.
Effective immediately, we are asking people to call and tweet at CT Governor Dannel Malloy and CT DCF with the following demands:
1. Release Jane Doe from the CT Juvenile Training School into an appropriate environment approved by her therapist. CJTS is a facility for males on parole status - Jane is neither male nor on parole! Release her immediately into a loving foster / adoptive home!
2. Fire DCF Commissioner Joette Katz now. This person has done enough damage to Jane Doe and who knows how many other youth in her “care”. She is clearly on a sick vendetta against Jane, using Jane’s gender identity to torture her further.
3. CT legislature must repeal CT statute 17a-12, which allows DCF to imprison children and place them in inappropriate, traumatizing environments
4. Launch an independent investigation into CT DCF to uncover ALL the abuses permitted and perpetrated against children in their care.
Call Malloy: 860-566-4840
Call DCF (demand Jane’s immediate release): 860-550-6300
Tweet: @CTDCF and @GovMalloyOffice. Use #JusticeForJane hashtag.
- I’m calling to express my disgust that the abuse of Jane Doe, the 16-year-old transgender victim of trafficking, is continuing at the hands of DCF Commissioner Joette Katz. I am demanding that Jane be immediately released from the CT Juvenile Training School boys’ facility, be given the therapy she deserves and be allowed to be fostered or adopted into a loving home.
- It is clear that a commissioner who goes on such a sick vendetta against an abused child, lies about the child’s treatment and demonizes her in order to preserve her own reputation is unfit to hold her highly compensated position. No child should suffer like Jane Doe is. I am demanding that Commissioner Katz be fired now and that her position be filled by someone who knows how to deal with trauma and is not prejudiced against trans* youth.
- CT statute 17a-12, which allows DCF to imprison children and which has been the legal root of Jane’s suffering, must be repealed by CT legislature immediately.
- Finally, these events and the words of other children in the care of DCF show that Jane is not a unique case. I am demanding that an independent investigation be launched into CT DCF’s treatment of children. Whatever Katz’s preferences may be, it is not OK for a department whose agents traffic and rape children to investigate itself. The safety of these children is at stake and an independent investigation is imperative.
Please stay tuned for announcements of on-the-ground protests, rallies and marches to support Jane. Spread this information far and wide!
FYI: Jane Doe is a 16 year old Latina trans girl. She was previously held in solitary confinement for over a month in an adult prison because the law prohibits under-aged inmates from being in contact with adult inmates.
She is now being held in a juvenile facility for men on parole.
She has not been charged with any crime but is in prison because the Connecticut Department of Children and Families has been unable to provide her with a safe and therapeutic environment.
The transfer to a male facility puts her life in danger as well as puts her at extremely high risk for abuse and sexual assault.
Here’s the situation. Rent is past due. The check was sent out yesterday and it’ll be cashed on Monday, July 14th. The money for the check isn’t in my bank account because we don’t have it. We don’t have any money. I work minimum wage and less than 20 hours a week. I started my job in May to help my family out the best I could despite my own mental illness and problems but it’s not enough. Every one of my checks has gone towards rent + utilities. And I know, I know, that’s adulthood right? My mother is an adult as well, and that exact mentality is what drove her to the point where even as I’m speaking to her now she can’t say anything but “I’m done.” “It’s over” and “I give up.”
No matter how bad things got. Not having water for a week, losing the car and having to take the bus everywhere, nearly starving for 2 months… still my mom never broke down. She worked a factory job, retail, fast food, you name it. Just kept her head down to make ends meet. Only ends meet. We’re still in the hole by a lot with no means to pay it back. Today we have to look at whats most pressing and that’s the rent. It’s always been this cycle of “What can we do without?” and constantly losing and losing until there’s nothing else. My mom doesn’t have anything more to give. She’s worked her whole life to get to this point and still it wasn’t enough.
I want a roof over my families head. I want to keep my cat Kip. I want to be able to at least have a house to live in. I’d live in my car if it came to it because I don’t care what happens to me. My family- it’s just me, my 18 year old sister my mother who quit her job recently because of a depressive episode, and my two youngest siblings who are 5 and 6 years old. They don’t have anywhere to go if we lose this place. Me and my sister can cope because we’re adults, but my two smallest siblings? I’d be living in my car if I we get evicted which means I’d have to give up my cat. My sister might be able to move in with her boyfriend. My mom can barely get out of bed, much less cook and provide for my youngest siblings so no one else has any means of housing and feeding them if we don’t come up with the rent this month.
Literally $1,000 is what we need. Of which doesn’t even cover anything besides the rent only but it’s… my mom finally came home and it’s scary how she’s switching from complete despair to telling me “Take it day by day. No use in crying about it.” There just aren’t any other options for us. We’ve exhausted every one of them this year and now it’s do or die. I’m really sorry. I try not to ask for things I don’t need. It doesn’t matter to me if I end up homeless and I know I’m privileged enough to be alive and at the very least, loved and appreciated. It’s just that this month- today, it isn’t enough.
Anything will help. Even a dollar or just well wishes. I’ll personally thank everyone who signal boosts or donates at all! I can write fic maybe? To at the very least make people get their moneys worth.
If anyone has any questions at all, they can message me and I’ll explain anything you might have questions about. I know that my family isn’t the only one suffering and things can get hard, if you can’t donate please consider signal boosting! My paypal is email@example.com
Thank you so much for even reading this!